Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. (YME) is the headquarters of the Yamaha Motor Company in Europe. The company is responsible for coordinating the marketing, sales, Logistics and service activities of Yamaha Motor products. Main products are motorcycles and scooters (Powered Two Wheelers), marine outboard motors, water vehicles, 4-wheel all terrain vehicles (ATV's), golf cars, generators and snowmobiles. The Finance & Accounting Division in Yamaha Motor Europe NV operates partly as Shared Service Center for the operations based in the Netherlands (3 entities) as well as the Corporate Finance center for the European operations performing the consolidation and analysis of the financial statements for the European region.
For the team Shared Services within the Finance & Accounting Division we are looking for a full time: General Ledger Accountant
Main responsibilities for the General Ledger Accountant are to support the team leader Shared Services and share the responsibility for the complete General Ledgers of 3 entities based in the Netherlands. Assist in the reporting for consolidation of the single entities' financial statements and analysis thereof.
- Perform accounting entries for recurring items and reversals as well as non-recurring items in consultation with the team leader Shared Services;
- Monitor and specify all significant balance sheet accounts on monthly and ad/hoc basis;
- Maintain the general ledger and related manuals and ensure compliance with internal and external regulations;
- Specify and analyze P&L accounts to ensure correctness of the results;
- Sub-systems reconciliations to the general ledger (A/P, A/R, Inventory, Payroll etc);
- Monthly/quarterly revaluations of sub-systems, loans and derivates;
- Assist in accurate and timely month-end closing and internal/external audits.
Profile of the suitable candidates:
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience preferably in an international environment (asset);
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance (HEAO AC/BE);
- Excellent analytical and communicational skills;
- Both independent and a team player;
- Service minded attitude, accurate and a self-starter;
- Experienced with Management Information Systems and Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good command of the English and Dutch language.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements outlined above, please send your letter of application with curriculum vitae by applying online via www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/corporate/vacancies.aspx