Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. (YME) is the headquarters of the Yamaha Motor Company in Europe. The company is responsible for coordinating the marketing, sales, Logistics and service activities of Yamaha Motor products. Main products are motorcycles and scooters (Powered Two Wheelers), marine outboard motors, water vehicles, 4-wheel all terrain vehicles (ATV's), golf cars, generators and snowmobiles. The Finance & Accounting Division in Yamaha Motor Europe NV operates partly as Shared Service Center for the operations based in the Netherlands (3 entities) as well as the Corporate Finance center for the European operations performing the consolidation and analysis of the financial statements for the European region.
For the team Shared Services within the Finance & Accounting Division we are looking for a full time: Assets and Credit Control Accountant
Main responsibilities for the assets and credit control accountant are to maintain and report on the fixed assets administration of 3 entities based in the Netherlands, credit control for mainly foreign customers under credit insurance, intercompany reconciliations and maintenance of master files for accounts receivable and payable.
- Perform accounting entries for fixed assets (purchases, disposals, sales etc.) and report required information on monthly basis;
- Reconciliation of fixed assets subsystem to the general ledger;
- Maintain the fixed assets ledger and related manuals and ensure compliance with internal and external regulations;
- Credit control for limited foreign customers based mainly in the EMEA region;
- Reporting on accounts receivable (aging, overdue receivables etc.);
- Reconcile and journalize intercompany accounts (accounts receivable/payable)
- Create, update and review periodically the master files for accounts receivable and payable to ensure up-to-date data are used for transactions related thereto;
- Assist in tax/accounting audits when required.
Profile of the suitable candidates:
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience preferably in an international environment (asset);
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance (HEAO AC/BE or equivalent gained by experience; e.g. MEAO + experience);
- Excellent analytical and communicational skills;
- Both independent and a team player;
- Service minded attitude, accurate and a self-starter;
- Experienced with Management Information Systems and Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good command of the English and Dutch language.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements outlined above, please send your letter of application with curriculum vitae by applying online via www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/corporate/vacancies.aspx