Kawasaki Motors Europe is looking to recruit a European Press Officer based at their European HQ in the Netherlands.
Our brand represents passion, performance, individuality and a unique engineering heritage combined with a wealth of technical expertise. Your job will be to explain these core values when communicating to the media regarding our exciting range of current and future products. Employing your ability to explain the essential advantages of a motorcycle, ATV, personal watercraft or an item from the genuine clothing and accessory line, your understanding of Kawasaki's corporate sensitivities will be matched by a clear, concise and effective way of conveying key messages.
Able to demonstrate an understanding of both printed and electronic media as well as social networking channels, you will develop, implement and measure PR strategies, help coordinate the launch of new products and be a fundamental point of contact with regard to media relations both within the head office environment and for Kawasaki's European distribution network.
As an important member of a dynamic marketing team, your ability to deliver tangible results and offer insight and strategic media solutions will be a crucial role responsibility. This is a demanding and rewarding role for a unique individual, if you feel that is you - and that you can add value to the Kawasaki brand whilst, at the same time, moving your career to the next level - then we should talk. Responsibilities would include but would not be limited to the following;
- Create and manage a yearly PR plan in line with company business objectives and budget.
- Coordinate new product information for the European territory.
- Design, manage and lead press conferences.
- Organise several new product launch events each year in cooperation with an Event Officer.
- Present PR strategy, new products and PR plans at European marketing meetings.
- Manage the assigned suppliers, monitor and report on supplier performance and advise on strategic supplier selection.
- Survey customer and market trends while also surveying competitors' activities.
- Develop communication and business synergies between Branches and HQ.
- Be a point of reference within the Corporate Marketing team regarding product knowledge ("product champion"), competitor products and market trends.
- Extensive travel in Europe (including frequent long (7 to 14 day) periods away from home and working on week-ends) throughout the year.
The final salary awarded will depend upon experience and will come together with a comprehensive range of additional attractive benefits.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious media professional and skilled copywriter with what you consider to be a relevant range of experience and achievement. A motorcycle and power-sports enthusiast, you will have a keen interest in all types of vehicles whether powered by conventional fuels or some new technology that is only just emerging.
Your passion for the subject will be infectious and your interaction with the media - whether a specialist publication or within the wider arena - will create a lasting positive impression of the product or service you seek to highlight.
- Minimum of 4 years PR and/or marketing experience in the international automotive industry - preferably within the motorcycle industry.
- A skilled and adaptable copywriter able to work to deadlines.
- An active, experienced and enthusiastic motorcycle rider is a must.
- Has a recognised relevant marketing qualification.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Experience in dealing with different countries and cultures.
- Sensitive to corporate organization, culture and processes.
- Creative and resilient, strong presentation and negotiation skills, able to build trust and buy-in with multi-cultural and multi-level stakeholders.
- Fluent in English language, spoken and written (native speaker is a strong advantage and command of an additional European languages is preferred).
A thorough knowledge of the motorcycle industry, market and history is desirable.